Options for all your freight shipments
We understand that shipping freight can often lead to frustration. At InXpress, it is our goal to make freight shipping as simple as possible. As a result, you have more time to focus on what you do best.
Our large network of carriers and brokers gives our customers more options and a lower shipping cost. Our proactive approach helps meets our customer’s needs, optimizing the solutions that best fit. No shipment is too big or too small.
Let our team of experts show you how we can reduce your freight shipping stress and save you money today!
InXpress offers a full range of domestic freight services. A few of the common services include:
- Less-than-truckload (LTL) – Typically 6 standard pallets or less.
- Full Truckload (FTL) – Also referred as a 53′ Dry Van, can accommodate up to 26 non-stackable pallets.
- Volume and Partial Trucks – Any shipment over 6 standard pallets and typically under 20 pallets.
- Refrigerated Trucks (Reefers)
Understanding the requirements for freight going to Canada and Mexico is critical for your shipment to clear customs and arrive on time. Here are some points to consider when shipping cross-border:
- Use a freight carrier who has experience in cross-border shipments.
- Ensure that the importer is registered within their country to receive the goods.
- Customs brokers are required for all import activity.
- Do you have all required documents needed for the shipment including the BOL, commercial invoice, packing slip, and letter of instruction?
Not all freight shipments fit on a standard pallet. For those not so common shipments, we have specialized freight services available to our customers:
- White Glove, special handling, or over-sized items
- Refrigerated goods
- Hazardous Materials movement
- Secure Transport
- Auto Transport
- Trade Shows
- Freight Insurance
How to Ship LTL Freight
Accessorials are additional fees charged by the carrier on non-standard shipments. Some of the more common fees include:
- Liftgate Service – When there is no loading dock or forklift available.
- Appointment Delivery – When a set delivery appointment time is needed.
- Excessive Length – For goods that extend beyond normal pallet size.
- Limited Access – Assessed when a standard truck can not access the pickup location.
Freight class is critical as it determines the base pricing for your freight. There are four parts of freight class to consider when preparing your shipments:
- Density – the space an item occupies in relation to its weight
- Stowability – is the freight subject to government regulation or specific carrier policies
- Handling – are there irregularities in weight and/or shape, excessive fragility, or hazardous properties
- Liability – Heightened risk of theft, susceptible damage, perishable items. or dangerous goods
Freight transit times may appear to be straightforward, but many factors should be considered in determining total travel time for your shipments.
- Estimates provided by carriers are only estimates, unless a day definite service is requested. This can be pricey.
- For LTL shipments, add an extra day on for pickup and delivery, as these days are not included in the carrier provided transit time.
- How’s the weather? If your shipment is headed straight towards a storm, then that is usually not good news from a delivery standpoint.
- The longer the distance, the more issues can arise, such as traffic, additional transfer stations, break downs, etc.
LTL is designed for shipments of 6 standard pallets or less, and typically the lowest cost option.
FTL is designed for shipments that will require the full space of a standard 53′ trailer. These are dedicated trucks which means there are no stops while traveling to their destination.
Volume loads are designed for shipments that exceed 6 standard pallets but are less than a Full Truck Load. It’s larger than LTL but isn’t FTL.
Carriers have a minimal amount of insurance coverage for all shipments, however, restrictions apply for natural disasters and vehicle accidents. It is always a good practice to purchase supplemental insurance to fully protect your goods while in transit.
Find out more about insurance options offered by InXpress.
Taking time out of your day to deal with claims prohibits you from spending your valuable time on more important matters. As your logistics partner, InXpress has the experience and direct carrier contacts to manage all claim issues on your behalf, so that you can focus on what you do best.
Making a change from what’s already working is difficult. At InXpress, we have contracts with over 60 carriers, so it’s very likely the carrier you use is within our network. Additionally, customers that switch their shipments to InXpress see a 25% average savings, and usually don’t change from their existing carriers.
Our services easily adapt to the changing needs of your business. Adding new locations? Growing your staff? No Problem, we have the solutions.
Businesses often lack the ability to optimize their shipping solutions. Our specialists work to ease those burdens, so you can focus on what you do best.
At InXpress, customer service is a thing of the past...excellent service is what we strive for. Come see how we can WOW you each and every day.